Monday, February 26, 2007

A Decision at Last

It's weird. For the first time in my life, I feel truly as if there are signs to point the way. I have taken the LSAT and the GRE, paid all my fees, gotten my letters of recommendation, and am waiting patiently for news to arrive. Then my best friend tells me he doesn't think it's such a good idea. We talk - he tells me I should pursue something creative. I keep seeing signs; another friend is coming out to California to look at schools and might be a potential roommate. Then, last night at the Oscar party I spoke with my very creative friends. My boyfriend, on the ride home with me, simply tells me, "You're really happy right now. You should think about that."
With those simple words it occurred to me what has been happening ever since this decision was presented to me. For once, metaphorically speaking, it's as if God has stopped watching TV, turned and looked down at me and said, "Oh no, no, dear. I meant you for other things."
I believe I am about to pursue a degree in something artistic. And I feel fabulous about it.

No comments: